Fullstack Python Developer | CIŚ2019.11.13 9:08 - Anna Sawińska
Who are we?
The Świerk Computing Centre (CIŚ) is one of the largest supercomputer centers in Poland. Our infrastructure not only supports “MARIA”, the only nuclear reactor in Poland, it is also utilised to crunch data collected by the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and the European XFEL (free electron laser). We are a young team of enthusiasts working with cutting edge technology to create novel IT solutions that can cope with analysis of huge data sets. At our core we are a research institute which translates to a creative atmosphere and personal development possibilities.
Our Join us to participate in our latest research project PRACE-LAB2 realised in cooperation with largest supercomputing centers in Poland: PCSS, CYFRONET, TASK and WCSS. The goal is to develop a framework for HPCaaS (High Performance Computing as a Service) deployments. Our focus is on research for novel services utilising HPCaaS, in particular in the field of 3D visualisation and real time analysis of big data. The project is funded by European Regional Development Fund. We are looking for backend and frontend developers to help us in design and implementation of fascinating services. Services that will help users harness vast HPC resources.
Some examples of our projects are:
- National Cybersecurity Platform - detection of anomalies in network traffic using machine learning
- Renderownia Świerk – a renderfarm service with web and plugin based interfaces for remote rendering of 3D animations on our supercomputer
- European XFEL – design of data analysis algorithms and workflows for Serial Femtosecond Crystallography (SFX) at European XFEL)
Work location – Otwock-Świerk near Warsaw
- familiarity with good programming practices and design patterns
- experience with Django or Flask and SQLAlchemy
- experience with SQL and noSQL databases
- good theoretical basis - understanding how tools work under the hood
- good knowledge of Linux
- familiarity with parallel processing techniques
- 2+ years of experience in the field
- experience with one of frontend technologies and frameworks: ReactJS, AngularJS
- experience in asynchronous programming
- experience with message queues: RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, MQTT
- experience with CI/CD methodology
- versatile flexible developers
- passion and thirst for knowledge
- contribution to open source projects
- sharing knowledge culture
You will help us in:
- understanding needs and fast prototyping of solutions
- designing and developing applications that enable scientists to seamlessly utilise supercomputers
- conducting research on novel ways of interacting with supercomputers
- developing new features for established CIŚ services e.g. Renderownia Świerk
What we offer:
- stable working conditions without overtimes
- creative atmosphere within young team focused on innovative, state of the art solutions
- good learning environment
- participation in innovative research projects
Send your application via e-mail to: Rekrutacja.CIS@ncbj.gov.pl
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.