Specialist/consultant for energy audits and thermomodernization of buildings | IDEA2021.01.25 12:23 - Anna Sawińska
Work location: Warsaw
Who are we?
Interdisciplinary Division for Energy Analyses (IDEA), which is a part of the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ), which is an R&D institute. We cover our costs with business and research projects, and our salaries are competitive with the ones in analytics and consulting. We work for European TSOs and organizations such as AXA or ENTSO-E. We successfully connect research with business, by developing technologies that bring value to society. Examples of projects: a tool for stochastic planning of power grid development, design of functional solutions for DSR, tools for optimal assessment of market zones for the EU energy market, tools for analysis and optimization power systems voltage and angle stability, etc
We are looking for an analyst with practical experience in the area of energy audits and building thermomodernization. We are looking for a person to design a process of inventory of heat sources and building efficiency for municipalities. Municipalities are planning activities in the area of energy transition, fighting smog and climate change, and recognize the need for reliable data analysis in transition planning. Inventorying several or dozens of residential, commercial and other facilities in the municipality is a significant logistical and analytical challenge. We need a person with competences enabling development of detailed investment plans in new energy sources and energy efficiency, such as knowledge of building law and planning of energy modernization of buildings. An important part of the process will be also scaling of the spot energy audits with a detailed study of the object on the scale of the whole municipality, using statistical methods and potentially artificial intelligence methods. The task of the person sought, will be to create and supervise an audit team, providing services throughout the country. The IT tools developed by the IDEA team are practically used by users (currently Polish cities, planned development for smaller entities). We work in an interdisciplinary and agile team, with a lot of independence and willingness to acquire new knowledge and creatively solve problems.
- Experience in the area of audits, SHE calculations and energy optimization for buildings.
- Knowledge in the area of investment planning for thermomodernization, district heating, electricity and related facilities,
- Knowledge in the area of technology and system modeling of district heating companies,
- Knowledge in the area of legislation and regulation in the field of district heating and electricity (applicable legislation, energy markets),
- Practical experience in investment projects,
- Education in engineering or related field.
Nice to have:
- Basic programming skills (Matlab, python, other language),
- Experience in ESCO and EaaS type projects.
- Experience in projects brought to final investment.
- Knowledge and ability to communicate in English.
What we offer:
- Work in flat-structured team focused on innovative, state of the art solutions
- Startup and creative atmosphere
- Good learning environment
- Good working atmosphere, weekly workshops, fresh fruits and snacks, cozy garden
- Karol Wawrzyniak, PhD Eng - Head of Interdisciplinary Division for Energy Analyses (IDEA)
In your application include your CV, financial expectation and availability. We also appreciate short cover letters. Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.