LEU-FOREvER Summer School2020.05.14 11:00 - admin
The European project LEU-FOREvER (Low Enriched Uranium Fuels fOR REsEarch Reactors) aims to secure a reliable fuel supply for the European research reactors. They are essential for the current and future European R& D and industry activities in a large number of basic and applied research fields. Given that one of the tasks of the program is related to education and training, a summer school is being organized.
FOREvER Summer School will be held from April 26 to 30, 2021. The list of participants is already fixed. Thank you for all the applications.
There are several participants from NCBJ (please contact me at jakub. ciechanski@ncbj. gov. pl if you want to learn, who is participating. You can learn from participants about the highlights of the event or you can ask them to coparticipate).
During the summer school, the following topics will be treated:
• Overview of different research reactors (design, construction, operation, decomissioning);
• What research reactors are used for (types of scientific experiments, irradiations, radioisotopes, …);
• Fuels used in research reactors;
• Fuel cycle: from production till disposal of used fuel;
• Conversion from High Enriched Uranium (HEU) to Low Enriched Uranium (LEU);
• Numerical simulations of research reactors fuels;
• Safety issues.
On behalf of LEU-FOREvER Project members,
dr Jacek Gajewski